Rhodiola (also known as ‘arctic root’or ‘golden root’) is a powerful adaptogen ideal for today’s fast living. It traditionally has been used as an all-round herb for both sexes to keep spirits and morale high in times of stress, whether it be physical or environmental. Natures Aid Rhodiola is standardised to provide 3% rosavins.
The Benefits of Rhodiola:
• Increases physical exercise ability – Dr L Utkin, a Russian botanist and nutritionist, demonstrated in the early 1930s that Rhodiola root increased physical endurance. It is said to help maintain energy levels and to increase strength and mobility.
• Reduced recovery time – Rhodiola is believed to increase the levels of the enzymes and proteins important to the recovery of muscle after extensive exercise.
• Stress – Rhodiola is said to possess mood lifting properties because of its ability to optimise levels of serotonin, dopamine and other neurotransmitters.
• Sexual Health – Improved sexual function has been demonstrated in men suffering from weak erections and/or
Early work has also shown that Rhodiola may be of use in women where the menstrual cycle is absent.
• Increases mental fitness – Extract of Rhodiola rosea has been shown to increase attention span, mental
performance, alertness and memory.
• Cardio protective – In a 1994 Russian study, Rhodiola rosea was found to prevent street induced cardiac damage.
• Debility – Symptoms of asthenia (literally a failure of strength) are believed to be reversed by Rhodiola.
- Rhodiola is standardised to provide 3 percent rosavins
- Suitable for vegans
- Manufactured in the UK to GMP standards