The Elasticated Medical Thumb Support
The Actesso Elasticated Thumb Support has been designed in association with NHS Clinicians for the treatment of thumb sprains and strains, thumb tendonitis, de Quervain’s or post operation.
When should I use this thumb support?
This Thumb Support can be used for a variety of thumb injuries and conditions and is ideal for people who need support for the thumb but still need to remain active, but please consult your doctor if you are in any doubt.
Measure your wrist circumference in centimetres (see above picture) and use the following as a guide to getting the correct size: Available in sizes Small to Large, to provide a more custom fit than one size supports
Small- 12-16. Medium- 16-20. Large- 20-25.
How does this Thumb Support work?
When wearing this Thumb Splint the metal stay provides support and protection to the thumb, which is encouraged to remain in the neutral position, whilst the elastic material provides gentle compression to the whole wrist region for added reassurance.
This helps to prevent thumb pain and reduce the impact on the thumb joint whilst you carry out your daily activities
Features and Benefits:
– Medically Approved
– Easy to wear and with a thin stay that acts as a support following injuries to the thumb.
– Designed in association with experienced NHS clinicians in order to develop an effective thumb support, which can give support after injuries to the thumb, whilst not being restrictive
– Elastic allows for gentle compression to the whole wrist region for added reassurance
-Made in the UK
– Available in Beige or Black
– Wearing this support gave me pain relief for the first time in weeks
- REDUCE PAIN AND PROVIDE SUPPORT – the thumb support is ideal for relieving pain associated with thumb strains and sprains, thumb tendonitis, de Quervain’s, thumb fractures, Meta Carpal Arthritis or post surgery
- COMFORTABLE , LIGHTWEIGHT SUPPORT – Easy to wear and with a thin metal stay that acts as a light support following injuries to the thumb, which helps to keep the thumb supported whilst you carry on with every day tasks. Lightweight design makes it comfortable to wear without restricting finger movement
- METAL STAY TO PROTECT THUMB – Metal stay provides gentle support and protection to the thumb, which is encouraged to maintain a neutral position, without compromising mobility. Whilst the wrist strap provides support to the wrist
- DESIGNED IN ASSOCIATION WITH NHS CLINICIANS and CE approved. This Thumb Support is registered with the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, UK) as a Class 1 Medical Device
- SIZING – to get the correct size measure your wrist circumference in centimetres (see picture) and use the following as a guide to getting the correct size: Small- 12-16. Medium- 16-20. Large- 20-24